twenty two

|


In the dead of winter, three trees manage to keep all their leaves.


I saw these last week but didn't have my camera then. Today I wanted a shot of the trees, from a distance. Just as I was crossing the street to get there, a taxi driver decided to speed through the pedestrian's green and missed me by about 3 feet. I was shocked and not to mention pissed! This has happened to me for the third time at this intersection. Different corners the other times. Yes the sun was starting to set but as you can tell by the photo, it was not the dark of night.

I walked right past my spot because I was so caught up in anger and shock. When I realized I missed it I didn't care about the tree anymore and I was most definitely not crossing the street again! My brain and mood came to a compromise and instead of going to where I had originally planned, I walked up to the tree instead. Yes this sounds totally cheesy, but as I stared at the leaves closely I couldn't help but be caught up; how strange and wonderful they stood against the snowy ground. After a few clicks I smiled all the way home.


1 comments:

Lish said...

awww... nice story. great shot. :-)

Post a Comment